Creamy, buttery, and super easy to prepare, the Stick of Butter Rice recipe is one you are bound to love. It will become a favorite of anyone you serve it up to; believe me, it’s that delicious. The recipe uses four simple ingredients to create a delightful dish.
Easiest Dish Ever
As I mentioned before, the steps are pretty straightforward, so don’t worry about messing it up. Even if you haven’t cooked before, you will nail this recipe without a doubt. The hardest part is waiting for the rice to bake as the enticing aroma hits from the oven.
The method used to cook this dish is what makes it unique. The recipe calls for baking the rice, which isn’t something you see very often. It’s baked for a total of 1 hour, and the taste is just divine. I know you probably feel anxious by now to get started, but I don’t blame you.
How To Serve This Rice
The Stick of Butter Rice is best served hot or warm as a side to your favorite meat dishes. Something so good has to be shared, so I am sure you will want to invite loved ones over when preparing this dish. Don’t forget to have a cool beverage when eating your delicious meal.
Our stick of butter rice recipe yields four servings hearty servings, which is an ideal amount for a family dinner. If you have a larger crowd, you can serve with meat and veggies, increase the recipe to accommodate the guests.
Baking dish – You will need an 8×8 baking dish to bake the rice.
Aluminum foil – This is needed to cover the dish before baking the rice.
Wooden Spoon – Use this or a fork to stir the ingredients together until well combined.
Rice – Use uncooked white rice for this recipe. You can use any brand of your choice.
Butter – I cut an unsalted stick butter into cubes and add it to the rice before baking.
Beef Broth – I used 1 1/4 cup (10 ounces)of this broth to cook the rice.
Substitute For French Onion Soup
If you run out of this ingredient, you can substitute it for a can of golden mushroom soup and a small can of onions. It will change the dish’s flavor, but it will have a similar taste to the original recipe.
• Rice – Combined with the other ingredients.
• French Onion Soup – Adds a unique flavor to the dish.
• Beef broth – Used in the recipe to enhance flavor.
• Butter – Adds moisture and flavor to the rice.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Add the rice, butter cubes, beef broth, and soup to an 8×8 baking dish and stir well.
3. Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the baking dish and bake for another half an hour.
4. Serve warm and enjoy.
Cover The Dish Before Baking
I did this to keep the dish from drying out and keep the top from getting too crispy before wholly cooked. Hence the reason it is baked for covered 30 minutes and uncovered for another 30 minutes.
Alternative Baking Pan
In this recipe, we used an 8×8 baking dish to bake the rice. However, if you do not have one, you can always use a 9 inch round pan. You will not have to adjust the time or worry about the result of your yummy stick of butter rice. How fortunate!
Seal the leftovers in an airtight container once cooled and store them in the refrigerator for about a week. You can also freeze the leftover rice in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
The Stick of Butter Rice is a great side dish but goes well if you throw in small portions of meat. It is absolutely a dish you want to try right away, be sure to invite loved ones to experience the greatness of this tasty dish. Simple, affordable, and delicious? Sign me up!
- 10 oz condensed Beef Broth
- 10 oz condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cut the butter into cubes.
- Add all the ingredients to an 8x8 baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil after the first 30 minutes, then return to the oven for another 30 minutes.