Tender and cheesy lasagna, a one-pot slow cooker dinner for the whole family to enjoy! This mouthwatering dish is so delicious and convenient, you’ll think twice about using an oven next time, and best of all? It contains just 3 ingredients!
An Easy Meal
Need something easy to make for dinner that will wow your family and have their taste buds tingling with excitement? This lasagna is where it’s at! This super easy recipe comes together in just 15 minutes and will have you speechless with just a bite.
What Makes This Lasagna Special?
This lasagne is easy to make, can be cooked without using an oven, and best of all, you can make this using only 3 ingredients (excluding optional parmesan). Did I mention that it’s delicious? But don’t take my word for it; taste and see for yourself!
How To Serve
This lasagna dish is best when eaten warm. It’s delicious on its own but tastes even better when paired with sides like Caesar salads and tomato salads, garlic bread, or even some delightful grilled zucchini. It’s sure to be a hit around the dinner table.
This lasagna recipe has an attractive yield of 12 servings; that’s more than enough to serve your family at dinner and still have enough to accommodate guests as well! Serve this for a birthday dinner, and the guests of honor will be delighted.
Pot– Use a standard-sized slow cooker or instant pot to make this dish
Measuring Cup Set– Use this set to portion out all the toppings for stacking. You can also use a food scale to measure the ingredients.
Lasagna– I used a 9-ounce pack of Barilla lasagna for the recipe, but you can use the type you like best.
Pasta Sauce– I used two jars of the Classico tomato basil pasta sauce; if you prefer another brand, use that instead.
Ricotta Cheese– If your looking for a substitute for ricotta cheese, the best option would be a cottage, use in an equal amount.
Parmesan Cheese– Need a parmesan sub? Use Grano Padano to feel the gap, or you can just exclude it as this cheese is optional.
All The Ingredients
- Pasta Sauce– Placed in the slow cooker first, then used to layer the lasagna with the cheese and pasta sauce.
- Lasagna– Used to stack with the other ingredients.
- Ricotta Cheese– Adds a rich and cheesy flavor to the lasagna.
- Parmesan– Used to top the lasagna before cooking.
How To Make Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Coat the interior of the slow cooker in a layer of non-stick spray.
- Spread a cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place a couple of lasagna sheets on top of the pasta sauce.
- On top of that, place 3/4 cup ricotta cheese.
- Add about 3/4 cup (or less if you want) of pasta sauce on the cheese layer, then repeat with the lasagna, ricotta, and sauce three additional times.
- Finish with the remaining lasagna and pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese and cook on high for 2 hours or more. Once the lasagna is fork-tender, you’re good to go.
Grease The Slow Cooker
Before I stacked all the delicious layers into the slow cooker, I first used some cooking spray to coat the inside to the slow cooker and then layered the ingredients afterward. This process makes it easier to remove the lasagna from the pot once cooked and prevents it from sticking to the bottom.
Cook The Lasagna
After greasing the pot, stacking the layers of pasta sauce, lasagna, and cheese, I topped it with 1/2 cup of parmesan and cooked it on high heat for about 2 hours until tender. If your cooker doesn’t have a high enough setting to cook it within that time, you can do it on low for 4-6 hours.
How To Store
Whether you’ve decided to make this ahead of time or you have some leftovers from dinner, here’s how you can store it. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-5 days; you can also wrap it tightly in plastic or tin foil and freeze in a zip-lock bag.
This 3-ingredients slow cooker lasagna is a hearty budget dinner that will satisfy any appetite, whether big or small. Serve this delectable lasagna to your family, and everyone will savor the delicious taste of this cheesy dish.
- 6 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 9 oz pack oven-ready lasagna
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Grease the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- To the cooker, add 1 cup of pasta sauce, evenly spread on the bottom, and place about 2-3 lasagna sheets on top.
- Add 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese, then top with 3/4 cup pasta sauce.
- Repeat the same order of stacking 3 more times and top with the final lasagna sheets and sauce.
- As an optional step, sprinkle with some parmesan cheese on top, then cover, and cook on high for 2-3 hours until the noodles are fork-tender.