This Hot Milk Sponge Cake has a deliciously sweet, moist, and tender crumb that melts away in your mouth as it hits your tongue; Have a slice of this scrumptious treat and experience bliss in a bite; you won’t regret it.
Perfect Beginner Recipe
With a few simple steps and just eight ingredients that are accessible, you can make your cake in a snap. This recipe is perfect for beginners as the techniques used are simple to understand and easy to execute. So
Great For Any Budget
The hot milk sponge cake is pretty easy to prepare at home, and it’s also inexpensive to make too. You may not even have to go to the store because you probably already have these ingredients on hand. This recipe is excellent if you’re on a budget and want to make a delicious treat with what’s available at home.
How To Serve Hot Milk Sponge Cake?
This cake is so versatile; you can have it anytime, day or night. Cover the cake in whipped cream and chocolate drizzle, and you’ll have a decadent dessert to share with the ones you love.
Grab a slice and a cup of your favorite coffee blend, and you got breakfast; you can even have this cake as a midnight snack.
This delightful recipe yields 12 slices of hot milk sponge cake—the ideal amount to have dessert with your family and a few friends. You can have this cake for brunch, a snack, or give it to your guests as a refreshment.
What Equipment Will I Need?
Baking pan – Use an 8-inch squared pan or a 9 inch round pan to bake the cake.
Wooden Spoon – used to stir the ingredients for a well-combined mixture.
Mixing bowl – Used to separate the wet and dry mixtures.
Mixer – Use an electric hand mixer to beat the eggs and sugar.
Milk: The main ingredient used in this recipe is hot milk. You can use any milk you preferred brand of milk; I used organic milk. If you’re lactose intolerant or if your allergic to dairy, you can use an equal amount of soy or even oat milk as a substitute.
Butter – Don’t have any butter; you can use an equal amount of margarine or vegetable shortening to replace it. Just be sure that you these substitutes in an equal amount to the original recipe as it could alter the texture.
All Ingredients Used
Flour – Sifted with the other dry ingredients.
Baking Powder – Used as a raising agent in the cake batter.
Salt – used to enhance flavor in the cake.
Butter – you can use unsalted butter or margarine.
Milk – any milk can be used and is to be hot.
Egg – adds structure and color to the cake.
Sugar – enhances the flavor of the cake.
Vanilla – can be substituted with cinnamon and is used to add flavor and spice.
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch cake pan with baking paper.
2. Sift all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. Mix the hot milk and butter until blended.
3. Beat eggs until thick for 3 minutes. Add sugar gradually and continue mixing for 4 to 5 minutes until smooth.
4. Combine the sifted ingredients with the egg mixture; stir until well combined.
5. Slowly mix in the hot milk mixture and vanilla until incorporated.
6. Pour the cake batter into the lined baking pan and bake for half an hour or until a toothpick to the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Beat Eggs until thick
This step is necessary for this recipe to give the cake a thick and fluffy texture. For the recipe, we whipped the eggs until they thickened, then combined them with sugar until light in color and texture. This step contributes to the moist and tender crumb of the cake.
Line The Baking Pan With Parchment
In this method, you need to use baking paper to line the baking pan for easy removal of the cake. Don’t have any? Just grease the pan with cooking spray. Greasing the pan will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan while and will make it easy to remove the cake later.
How to Store
You can store the hot milk sponge cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze the cake, and this will still be consumable for up to 3 months. Do not refrigerate this cake as it will dry out and lose its texture and taste.
This hot milk sponge cake dessert is moist, tender, and rich in flavor; every bite will have you humming with delight. This cake is super easy and fun to make, and you won’t spend much money on the ingredients as they are pretty inexpensive.
- 1/2 cup Hot milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8-inch square pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking powder until blended. In a separate bowl, combine the butter with the hot milk.
- Using an electric whisk, beat eggs for 3 minutes until thick, then slowly add the sugar and beat on high for 4-5 minutes until light and smooth.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients into the egg mixture until well combined, then add the hot milk mixture and vanilla and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cool the cake for 15 minutes in the pan before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.