I am sure that you’re here because you love cookies, and maybe you want to try something a little bit different. Are you prepared for this tasty Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie Recipe? I hope you are because these cookies will knock your socks off. So sit back, relax and enjoy.
You will not believe how delicious these cookies are, and you will even be more surprised at how simple and easy they are to prepare. The cookies will take less than an hour, and believe me, when I say, you will be amazed at the taste.
The dough is made within 10 minutes, chilled for 30 minutes, and baked for 10 minutes. Then, of course, you add your frosting and enjoy, hmmm.
Oh, So Good!
These magnificently scrumptious cinnamon roll sugar cookies taste great on their own but are even better with the cream cheese frosting. I’m telling you, they will have you yearning for more, so be prepared!
How to Serve
You can serve these cookies chilled or at room temperature at any time of day. They’re the perfect treats for dessert, parties, midday snacks, or whenever you prefer. Just be sure to have a glass of your favorite beverage or a scoop of your favorite ice cream along with these cookies and spoil yourself a little!
This Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie recipe yields 24 servings. Can you imagine 24 tasty cookies? This amount is ideal for a bake sale, anniversary parties, picnics, or for your sweet indulgence. Just leave these cookies out for your next event, and the crowd will love you for it.
Mixing Bowl – You will need a large bowl to combine the ingredients.
Baking Sheet – I used two baking sheets lined with parchment paper to bake the cookies.
Whisk – Use this or a fork to mix the ingredients well.
Mixer – You can use a stand or hand mixer.
Type of Main Ingredient
Cinnamon – I used ground cinnamon to create the dough and other ingredients; it gave the cookies a delicious flavor.
Flour – I used 3 cups of sugar in the cookies. It absorbs moisture, gives structure, and contributes to the texture of the cookies.
Vanilla – You can use maple syrup, almond extract, or honey to replace vanilla in this recipe. If you are using honey, be sure to reduce the amount of sugar you use.
Butter – No butter? Replace it with an equal amount of coconut oil in the recipe.
Butter – Beaten with the sugar to create the dough and the cream cheese for the frosting.
Sugar – Creamed with the butter and adds flavor to both the cookies and the frosting.
Eggs – I Added them to the cookie mixture for structure.
Vanilla – Adds flavor to the cookies and frosting.
Flour – Added for the structure and thickens cookies mixture.
Baking Powder – This acts as the raising agent in the cookies.
Ground cinnamon – The main flavoring for the cookies.
Salt – Enhances the flavor of the cookies.
Cream cheese – Paired with butter to be creamed for frosting.
Powdered sugar – Used to add flavor to the frosting.
Milk – Adds flavor and soft structure to the frosting.
1. Beat together the butter and sugar in the mixer until fluffy and light. Add the eggs one at a time as well as the vanilla and mix well.
2. Combine the baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and flour, then mix until it forms a tight dough. Chill the for half an hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and roll the dough into one-inch balls. Place them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and slightly flatten each ball using your hand.
4. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the bottom edges look golden brown. Remove from oven and place on an oven rack to cool before frosting.
5. To create the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Mix in the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
6. Add the vanilla and milk until smooth, then beat until light and fluffy. Top each cookie with a spiral of frosting, then sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy.
Creaming the butter and sugar
This step was the first to be done before adding any other ingredient. This step helps give the cookies structure by beating air into the butter, while the sugar helps to hold the air. This process leavens the cookies.
Flattening the cookie doughs
In this recipe, I used my hands to flatten the cookie doughs after chilling. If you chose not to use this method, you could use a drinking glass that’s 1/3 – ½ inch thick. Don’t worry; the cookies will come out the same.
Storing the cookies
After the cookies are cooled, you’ve added the frosting, and it sets; you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature. These will last for up to a week.
If you love the taste of cinnamon and enjoy a good cookie, this is the perfect treat for you. These cute little cinnamon cookies will have you feeling satisfied. Cinnamon cookies topped with cream cheese frosting and a handful of love, what’s not to love?
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
Tasty cookies with cinnamon flavor and topped with smooth creamed cheese.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the beat one by one, incorporating each before adding another, then add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until the mixture comes together into a dough, then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 375°F or 190°C and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it into 1-inch balls.
- Transfer the dough balls to the prepared baking sheets and use your hand to flatten each ball about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake them for 8-10 minutes or until the base of each cookie is lightly browned. Transfer the hot cookies to a wire rack to cool and make the frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light, and fluffy then mix in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Next, mix in the vanilla and milk until the frosting is thick enough to pipe. Add a spiral of frosting on top of each cookie once cool. Enjoy