Fresh juicy strawberries in a sweet strawberry flavored gelatin and encased in a buttery and flaky pie crust, this Amish Strawberry pie is scrumptious, refreshing, and appealing to the eyes. It’s the perfect snack to enjoy on a warm summer evening!
This Amish delight is made using just a few simple and inexpensive ingredients, which is great if you’re on a budget but still want something tasty for dessert. If you love strawberries, this is the perfect recipe to satisfy your fruity cravings!
There’s nothing to it!
This mouthwatering fruit pie is so easy to make, it’s almost too good to be true! All you need to do is combine the ingredients and pour the mixture into a pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate. You can prep the ingredients in just 15 minutes and bake in half an hour.
Use Up All The Strawberries!
Got a lot of strawberries and don’t know what to do with them? Well, this recipe is the solution to your problem! With this strawberry pie recipe, you can make this toothsome treat for your family and make use of all the strawberries. Just like the old saying goes “kill 2 birds with 1 strawberry”
How Should You Serve Strawberry Pie?
This strawberry pie is best served chilled, you can eat it just the way it is or spruce it up with a dollop of whipped cream and a few mint leaves for pizzazz. Serve this treat as an afternoon snack or a decadent post-dinner dessert.
This pie recipe will yield about 8 slices but if you make the portions smaller, you can get even more servings. This pie is good for potlucks, picnics, a refreshment to offer a guest, or a late-night snack when no one’s looking! Shhh, I won’t tell if you don’t.
Saucepan– Use a medium saucepan for this recipe to boil and simmer the hot mixture for the pie filling.
Wooden Spoon– Use a regular wooden spoon to stir the ingredients over the heat and mix in the gelatin.
Knife– Use this to cut the strawberries in preparation for the filling.
Main Ingredients Of This Dish
Strawberry– I hulled and quartered 4 cups of fresh strawberries for this pie recipe.
Gelatin– Use strawberry gelatin for the recipe, I use the Jello brand but you can use whatever brand you have available.
Pie Crust– I used a pre-baked never-fail pie crust to make this dessert.
Cornstarch– If you’re short on cornstarch, arrowroot can be used to replace it in a one-to-one ratio. Use 1/3 cup arrowroot in place of 1/3 cup cornstarch.
Sugar– Short on white sugar? Use an equal amount of brown sugar instead.
Whipped Topping– If you don’t have any whipped cream, whipped cream will work just as well.
All The Ingredients
- Pie Crust– Blind baked in a deep-dish pie pan
- Water– Boiled with cornstarch and sugar
- Cornstarch– Gives thickness to the pie
- Sugar– Used to sweeten the filling.
- Gelatin– Stirred into the hot sugar mixture.
- Strawberries– Hulled, cut into quarters, and stirred into the cooled gelatin mixture.
- Whipped Topping– Used to garnish the finished strawberry pie.
How Did We Make It?
- Line a deep-dish pie pan with Amish never fail crust and blind bake according to the instructions.
- Combine the cornstarch, water, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir to combine the gelatin.
- Allow the mixture to cool and fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the cooled mixture into the baked crust and chill in the refrigerator until the gelatin firms up. Serve with whipped topping.
Blind-Bake The Pie Crust
The first step in making the strawberry pie is baking the crust. I tucked the crust into a deep-dish pie pan and blind-baked it until golden brown. Doing this ensures that the pie crust will retain its shape and texture after the filling is added. This also prevents it from becoming soggy.
For this recipe, I brought a mixture of sugar, water, and cornstarch to a boil and simmer, then added the gelatin and the strawberries once the mixture was cooled. There is, however, another way to make this pie.
In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cornstarch, and gelatin, bring to a boil, then simmer until it thickens. Once cool, fold in the strawberries and pour the filling into the crust. Refrigerate until set.
How To Store Strawberry Pie
This tasty strawberry pie can be covered in plastic and stored at room temperature for about 2 days(except in warm climates), place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for 3-4 days in he, or freeze for up to 2 months.
With a prep and cook time of just 45 minutes, this delicious pie is quick, easy, and inexpensive to make, yields a family-sized portion, perfect for a snack or dessert, and the recipe uses fresh and juicy strawberries! This delectable dessert will be a family favorite in no time
Amish Strawberry Pie
Satisfying and delicious Amish strawberry pie, the perfect summertime dessert!
- Amish never fail pie crust
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- Whipped topping (for garnish)
- Line a deep-dish pie pan with the never-fail crust, then bake according to the instructions.
- Using a saucepan over medium heat, stir to combine the water, cornstarch, and sugar until dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Reduce to a low flame and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat, stir in the strawberry gelatin, and set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture cools, gently stir in the strawberry pieces.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the prepared pie crust and refrigerate overnight to set the gelatin.
- Once chilled and set, slice and top with whipped topping to serve.