Are you a pasta enthusiast? Do you want to make a pasta dish that is so delicious that it’s irresistible? The Amish Pasta Salad is the perfect dish for you.
It is a pasta lover’s dream come true. The creamy and delicious dish is so good, your taste buds will love you for it.
Easy To Make
The Amish Pasta Salad has quite a few ingredients, but it is pretty simple to make. It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare, which is quite convenient if you want to whip up a super quick meal.
All you have to do is cook the pasta and combine it with the other ingredients and mix well. After sprinkling paprika on it, refrigerate and share.
Quick And Easy Salad
This recipe is pretty much one of the simplest dishes to prepare yet so tasty. In just 15 minutes, you can have some delicious salad. Trust me; you’ll be pleased with how good it looks, smells and tastes.
How To Serve
This amazingly succulent dish can be served for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and just about any gathering. You can also have it with any meat dish. Grab a bowl of this salad with a cool glass of lemonade, and you are good to go.
This recipe yields 12 servings of pasta salad. This amount is excellent for a family dinner at home or a small gathering. You can also use this as a side dish for dinner. Are you having some friends over at your place? Amish Pasta Salad is just the perfect dish to make them call you a chef.
What Equipment Do I Need?
• Mixing bowl – I used a mixing bowl to combine the ingredients to create the pasta salad; you will need two separate bowls.
• Wooden Spoon – Used to incorporate the ingredients.
• Pot – Cook the pasta inside a saucepan.
What Are The Main Ingredients?
The main ingredients used in this recipe are pasta and mayonnaise. As it relates to the pasta, you can use any shape of your choice, preferably medium in size. You can also use any mayonnaise you feel comfortable using.
• Paprika – If you don’t have any of this, replace it with cayenne paper. It is a little bit hotter than the paprika, but it has a similar color.
• Apple Cider Vinegar – An excellent substitute for ACV is lemon juice. It will not provide the same health benefits, but it will give the same great flavor.
• Pasta – you can use any shape you want, but I recommended the medium size is
• Eggs – these are to be boiled and chopped to add to the pasta.
• Celery – adds a slightly peppery flavor to the salad.
• Sweet Onion – Use garlic or yellow onions to add flavor to the salad.
• Pimento – Added to the pasta salad mainly for taste.
• Green Pepper – Used to add flavor and color to the dish.
• Pickle Relish – Drained and mixed into the pasta for flavor.
• Garlic Powder – Used to spice the pasta salad.
• Paprika – Combined with the other ingredients and used to top the salad.
• Black pepper – Adds a delicious and spice to the salad.
• Mayonnaise – Mixed with the salad to enhance flavor and texture.
• Sour cream – Adds a creamy texture and tangy taste to the pasta.
• Sugar – Gives the salad a hint of sweetness.
• Mustard – Adds another flavor to the pasta salad
• Apple Cider Vinegar – Gives the salad moisture and a delicious taste.
How To Make The Pasta Salad
1. Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Combine the pasta, onion, relish, pimentos, celery, eggs, and green pepper in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix paprika, sugar, garlic powder, mayonnaise, celery seed, black pepper, vinegar, mustard, and sour cream until blended.
4. Combine the mayonnaise mixture with the pasta until evenly coated.
5. Allow the salad to chill in the fridge overnight before serving.
Should I Refrigerate The Pasta Salad?
If you leave the pasta at room temperature for more than 4 hours, it will become unsafe to eat. To prevent this, you should refrigerate the pasta salad until you’re ready to serve it. So please don’t skip this step; it is very important.
How To Store
To preserve the pasta salad, place it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is no longer consumable after that, and if stored at room temperature for more than 4 hours, you shouldn’t eat it.
Enjoy this fantastic dish at any time of the day, and you won’t regret it. Amish Pasta Salad will become one of your favorites, and if you love pasta, this dish will tickle your fancy. So, why wait? Make this delightful salad and enjoy it to the fullest!
Amish Pasta Salad
Pasta and veggies? Perfect combo.
- 2 cups medium shell pasta
- 1 cup celery
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1/4 cup pimentos (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Following the package instructions, cook and drain the pasta.
- Stir pasta, onion, relish, celery, pimentos, eggs, and green pepper together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Mix paprika, sugar, garlic powder, mayonnaise, celery seed, black pepper, vinegar, mustard, and sour cream in another bowl.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture on top of the pasta and stir to combine.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Serve.