Moist, dense, and delicious! This Amish cinnamon bread is sweet and crisp on top but tender and tasty in the middle. If you like cinnamon, you’re gonna love this deliciously spiced quick bread so much, you’ll be munching on the crumbs long after your piece is gone!
Despite being made from just a few simple ingredients, this cinnamon bread is insanely delicious! Share this scrumptious treat with your friends, family, and guests, and they’ll be dying to know your secret! The question is, will you tell them?
Easy And Fun!
This Amish cinnamon bread recipe comes together in just 15 minutes and bakes in 45 minutes! I had so much fun making this bread but my favorite part was making the cinnamon swirl! You don’t need any fancy equipment to make this bread, just a bowl, and a spoon!
This cinnamon bread is a combination of just 7 basic ingredients, all of which, you probably have sitting in your pantry right now. It’s the perfect dessert if you’re on a budget, it will keep everyone feeling satisfied and it won’t break the bank!
How Should You Serve Cinnamon Bread?
This delicious cinnamon bread should be served warm or at room temperature, it can be sliced and served as is, or with some butter. You can enjoy a slice of this tasty cake with a beverage of your choice, hot or cold.
You can get about 8 servings from a loaf of this scrumptious cinnamon bread, which should be enough to cater to a family meal, refreshments for a few friends, an after-school snack for the kids. You could also make this and bring it as a gift when visiting a friend or neighbor’s house.
Mixing bowls– You’ll need 2 mixing bowls to combine the dry ingredients and make the cinnamon mixture. One large and one small.
Loaf Pan– Use an 8×4 loaf pan to bake the cinnamon bread.
Wooden Spoon– Use a regular wooden spoon to mix the ingredients.
Main Ingredients Of This Dish
Eggs– Use one large room temperature egg for this recipe.
Bob’s Red Mill– I used this brand of all-purpose flour for the recipe but you can use whatever you have available.
Sugar– Use regular granulated sugar for the sweetener in this recipe.
Brown Sugar– If you’ve run out of white sugar, you can always replace it with brown sugar. It will however darken the batter and make the cinnamon bread moister.
Buttermilk Sub – don’t have any buttermilk? Not available where you live? You can use this homemade substitute instead! In a liquid measuring cup, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar, then pour in just enough milk to bring the contents up to an exact cup. Let this sit for 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened and curdled, then use.
All The Ingredients
- Butter– Softened and creamed with the egg and sugar.
- Egg– This emulsifies the batter and contributes to the color and thickness.
- Sugar– Sweetens the bread batter and is combined with cinnamon to make the filling.
- Vanilla-Added to the batter for flavor.
- Buttermilk– Added to the sugar mixture along with the flour and baking soda.
- Flour– Thickens and gives structure to the bread batter.
- Baking Soda– Added to the batter as a leavening agent.
- Cinnamon– Mixed with sugar to make the filling and topping.
How Did We Make It?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the loaf pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, egg, and sugar, then add the flour, baking soda, and buttermilk and mix until blended.
- To the prepared loaf pan, add half of the bread batter. In a small bowl. Combine the 1/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle 3- quarters of the mixture on the batter in the loaf pan. Use a small knife to gently swirl the cinnamon mixture into the batter.
- Pour the rest of the bread batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining mixture on the top.
- Bake this for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy.
Once the batter had been mixed, half of it was transferred to the pan, and swirled in the center, and topped with cinnamon sugar. This added delicious flavor to the bread, an attractive swirl pattern in the middle, and a sugary crust.
Cream The Butter & Sugar Fast
The first step in making the cinnamon bread is to cream the butter, sugar, and egg before adding the remaining ingredients, I did this manually using a bowl and wooden spoon. However, this can be done much quicker using an electric mixer but be careful not to over mix the batter.
Storing The Cinnamon Bread
This cake can be kept at room temperature for 1-2 days in an airtight container, stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in the same container. Cover in a plastic wrap or foil and place in a zip lock bag for up to a month in the freezer.
This Amish delight is easy to make to tasty to eat! Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinnertime dessert, your family will fall in love with this delicious cinnamon bread. With 8 servings they will be enough to plenty to go around at dinnertime.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Grease an 8x12 loaf pan and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl until smooth, then add the flour, baking soda, and buttermilk, then combine.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Make a mixture of 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, add 3/4 of this to the loaf pan, and swirl using a small knife.
- Pour into the loaf pan, the remainder of the batter, and pour the cinnamon mixture on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick to the center comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool, then slice and serve.