Do you have an excess amount of cashews, and you have no idea what to do with them? The Cashew Crunch is the perfect solution to make something tasty with all those nuts. It is sweet, crunchy, and oh so addictive. It is effortless to prepare, and best of all, inexpensive.
Easy To Make
The Cashew Crunch is straightforward and easy to prepare. Place butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a large bowl and cook over low heat while stirring until the contents begin to boil. Remove from heat and add cashews, then pour this mixture onto a sheet of baking paper and allow to cool. Very simple.
A Great Holiday Treat
This crunchy nut-filled treat is excellent for the holiday season; bring them with you and gift them to your friends and family. These sweet delights will be a hit with everyone, the young and the young at heart. Just be prepared, as you’ll be requested to make it more often.
How To Serve Amish Cashew Crunch
This snack is perfect for a snack when you’re feeling for something sweet. Eat this cashew crunch as is or have it as or part of your dessert. Coat the pieces in white, milk, or dark chocolate; you can even have it as a topping on your favorite ice cream.
Our Cashew Crunch recipe can serve multiple persons, and that is why it is the perfect snack to share with friends and family or to leave out as a treat for guests at a party. You can always increase the ingredients if you think you will need more servings or break the pieces smaller.
• Large pan – Use this to cook the sugar mixture.
• Wooden spoon – I used a wooden spoon to stir the ingredients together.
• Candy Thermometer – Use this to check the temperature of the hot mixture.
• Cookie Sheet – Place the hot mixture on top of this to set and harden.
The Main Ingredient Used
• Cashew – I used 2 cups of cashews for both flavor and crunch in this recipe.
• Corn Syrup – Added this to the mixture to enhance the cashew crunch’s taste and texture.
• Butter – This gave the cashew crunch a delicious flavor and texture.
Corn Syrup – If you don’t have any corn syrup and need to make a substitution, you can use an equal amount of honey. You can also use agave nectar as another option.
White Sugar – An equal amount of brown sugar can replace the white sugar in this recipe.
All Ingredients Used
• Butter – Adds moisture and flavor to the cashew brittle.
• Granulated Sugar – Adds sweetness to the cashew crunch.
• Cashews – Used as a main ingredient in the mixture and adds a nutty flavor.
• Corn Syrup – Added to the crunch to enhance flavor.
Steps For Making Amish Cashew Crunch
1. Coat a cookie sheet in a thin layer of butter.
2. In a large pot over a low flame, stir the sugar, corn syrup, and butter.
3. Cook the mixture until the ingredients melt and begin to boil.
4. Remove the mixture from heat once it starts to get a golden brown color.
5. Mix in the cashews quickly.
6. Pour the cashew mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet and allow it to cool and harden.
7. Break into pieces and enjoy.
Add Cashews Quickly
We added the cashews to the hot mixture as soon as it came off the heat. We did this to prevent the sugar mixture from hardening before we could add the cashews. It is best to add cashew quickly as the mixture cools down and hardens fast.
Alternative For Cookie Sheet
If you don’t have a cookie sheet, the next best thing is a sheet of grease paper. When placed onto a flat surface, the grease paper is just as efficient as the cookie sheet. If the sheet is too narrow, place 2 sheets side by side, and you’re good to go.
How It Is Stored
The Cashew Crunch is best stored, broken into pieces, and placed in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. This Amish Cashew Crunch won’t last very long once your family has had a taste, so make plenty, or you’ll find yourself short on your share.
This crunchy-sweet cashew candy is the perfect go-to recipe for any festive occasion. It is inexpensive to make and super easy to prepare. Just the crunchy texture alone will have you drooling. Can you imagine a whole mouthful of this delightful treat? Be careful, or you’ll go nuts for it.
Amish Cashew Crunch
The Amish Cashew Crunch is as tasty as it looks.
- 2 cup Cashews
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Grease a cookie sheet lightly with butter and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a large pan over low heat until the mixture comes to a bowl.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it becomes golden brown
in color and has a temperature of 290°F.
- Transfer the mixture to a counter and mix in the nuts immediately.
- Pour the hot nut-filled mixture onto the grease cookies sheet and allow it to cool and set.
- Once the mixture has cooled and hardened, break it into pieces (as big or as small as you want) and enjoy.