If you’re looking for a super quick and straightforward cookie(or biscuit) recipe, you’ve found it! Coconut Biscuits are rich, sweet, and crispy treats made from a combination of low-cost ingredients. You’ll have a blast making them!
Difficulty Level: Too Easy
Beginners, this coconut biscuit recipe is perfect for you! It’s quick and easy to make, the ingredients are low-priced, and you don’t need any expensive equipment to start! With just 30 minutes of your time, you’ll have delicious coconut treats to share with everyone!
Would you believe me if I said that these coconut biscuits had been around since the 1950s? Okay, so it’s not that hard to believe, but it truly amazes me how recipes(like this one and many more) have stood the test of time, rewarding us with the opportunity to partake in the tasty legacies left by our predecessors. Truly beautiful.
How To Serve Coconut Biscuits
Coconut biscuits taste the best when eaten fresh and warm. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate or caramel for a drool-worthy combination that will make your toes curl with delight! Great with hot and cold beverages, you can have it in the morning with your coffee or in the afternoon with a glass of cold milk to wash it down.
This recipe yields 24 coconut biscuits, which are enough to share with friends at brunch, store at home to snack on or hand out to your coworkers. If you require more than the recipe yields, you can always make extra batches to suits your needs.
Bowl– You will need 1-2 bowls. Use either glass or aluminum.
Electric Mixer– Use either a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the ingredients.
Wooden Spoon– Use this to stir the ingredients and portion the biscuits.
Baking Sheet– Use this to bake the biscuits.
Coconut– To give the biscuits their signature flavor and texture, I used a half cup of unsweetened desiccated coconut in the recipe. You can also use shredded coconut or coconut flakes if that’s what you have available; however, those will change your biscuits’ texture.
Sugar– I used 1/4 cup of white sugar, AKA granulated sugar, to make the coconut biscuits. If you don’t have any of this on hand, you can use an equal amount of brown sugar instead. Brown sugar may change the texture and color of your biscuits, so bear that in mind.
Coconut Biscuit Ingredients
· Sugar– Beaten with the butter until smooth and creamy.
· Butter– Gives the biscuits a light texture and buttery taste.
· Flour– Provides structure in the biscuit dough.
· Coconut– Used in the biscuits for a rich flavor and texture.
· Egg– Emulsifies the ingredients and contributes to color and texture.
· Salt– Improves the taste of the coconut biscuits.
How To Make Coconut Biscuits
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Combine the creamy mixture with the dry ingredients to make the dough.
4. Roll the dough into equally sized balls and transfer to the prepared cookie sheet evenly spaced.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the base of each biscuit is lightly browned.
6. Cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.
Cream Butter And Sugar
The first step in making coconut biscuits is combining butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. This process traps air in the mixture, which acts as a raising agent during baking; this mixture also gives the biscuits a light texture.
Portion The Biscuit Dough
After combining all the ingredients to make the cookie dough, I pinched and rolled to portion each cookie and place them on a lined cookie sheet. If you want to ensure that all the cookies are the same size, use a cookie scoop or small spoon to portion the cookies.
How To Store
If you’ve made these cookies and want to store them, this is how you do it; allow the cookies to cool, place them in an airtight cookies jar, and keep them at room temperature for up to a week. To freeze them, place the cookies in a freezer-safe bag and store them for 3 months.
Crispy and rich with coconut flavor, these flavorful cookies make the ideal sweet treat to have with a cold glass of milk. Have them at home with and enjoy with your family or munch on the go and share with your friends; either way, the coconut cookies will hit the spot and satisfy your hunger.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut (desiccated)
- 1 egg
- Salt (a pinch)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth, add the egg and mix until blended.
- Beat in the flour, salt, and coconut to finish the dough. Portion and roll the dough into balls, transfer to the baking sheet, and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden at the base. Cool slightly before serving.